13/10/2011

Look Magazine Show



Hannah Farrer, Look mag intern and dresser for the day at The Look Show at Westfield Stratford City!! Lil bit excited! J
Ok . . . so the last few weeks have been a bit manic, in a good way. I started at The London College of Style and started interning for my fave high street fashion magazine, Look. It looks like I started at the right time as myself and a few other girls at the mag got asked if we wanted to be dressers for the Look show. We were all very shattered from a full week at the office 9-5, but couldn't really say no, so off we headed on a very early Saturday morning to the newly opened Westfield Stratford City, which was exciting for us all anyway; we wanted to go for a cheeky shop but nope! No time!

We arrived and all got given a Look pass card, with Front of House on the front, we all felt rather spesh!! J Walking around with them on display, haha!

The atmosphere was great backstage as we each got given our own model to dress, the heat was a bit much at times as the venue started to fill up, and when I say fill up, there is no way any more bodies could have squeezed into Westfield that day, you people are crazeeeeey!! I think if I had come to go shopping, I would have taken one look, turned around and gone back home, it must have been taking people about 10 minutes to walk to the very next shop! I like shopping to be relaxing, and that felt like a cattle market! SWEATY!!!!

Back to our models; I expected hello or what's your name...the first thing my model said to me was "I feel really sick". Oh god! She's gonna throw up all over the clothes I've just steamed, panic! No don't panic, its fine, sit her down, offer water n all that. She wasn't sick, just didn't talk to me very much, oh well! I did the job I was asked to, with her being rushed into each outfit, but she looked hot whether she felt sick or not!

We found out that Sarah Harding was going to be leading the catwalk, so everyone seemed to have their eyes peeled for her, I couldn't believe how tiny she was, but looked very confident leading the way in a statement Mango dress to start us off.

I was most impressed by Dionne Bromfield who opened the show with her new single 'yeah right', what an amazing voice for a young girl, she's definitely one to watch! Amongst the guests were Kelis, Alesha Dixon, girl group Parade and Kimberley Wyatt, all looking luverly! A great day with the girls but boy was I glad to see my bed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.